We Have What You Are Looking For…
HCP is always looking for landlords and property owners who want good tenants and regular rent payments.
What Does HCP Do For Landlords?
- The ability to list your available rental units
- Tenant referrals for your units
- Assistance with any paperwork or inspections necessary
- Mediation of any problems arising during move-in or afterward
- Provide guidance in applying for the Illinois Housing Opportunity Area Tax Abatement Program*, allowing you to save up to 19% of the property tax on qualified units
- Assistance in any way we can make your experience with the voucher program successful
*The IL Housing Opportunity Area Tax Abatement Program allows landlords/building owners to decrease the property taxes of units leased to HCV holders up to 19% for up to 10 years. Units must be located within designated Opportunity Areas and must be in compliance with all applicable local building codes.
Our goal is to help families become self-sufficient and create a growing list of happy landlords.
HCP wants to ensure landlords and tenants make successful matches. We also work with clients by:
- Counseling families about where to search for housing, how to be a good tenant, how to manage finances, and how to maintain good housekeeping habits
- Motivating clients to move to high job-growth areas and to obtain needed training, or employment
- Mediating any landlord/tenant issues and assisting with Housing Authority procedures if needed
- Providing supportive services after a move to assist the client with transportation, child care, employment or any other problems they may encounter
A landlord from Wheeling said of HCP:
“Let me begin by thanking you again for all your help in renting my Quad home in such a professional and expedited manner. You have gone over and above what was required and you have been so helpful to me. I am deeply grateful.”
HCP is looking for good rental units in these Chicago neighborhoods:
Albany Park, Archer Heights, Avondale, Belmont Cragin, Bridgeport, Brighton Park, Clearing, Dunning, East Side, Edgewater, Edison Park, Forest Glen, Gage Park, Garfield Ridge, Hegewisch, Hermosa, Irving Park, Jefferson Park, Lake View, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Square, Logan Square, Loop, McKinley Park, Montclare, Mt. Greenwood, Near North Side, North Center, North Park, Norwood Park, O’Hare, Portage Park, West Elsdon, West Lawn, West Ridge, West Town.
- Contact Jessie McDaniels, Real Estate Specialist, at JMcDaniels@HCP-Chicago.org or 773-451-0203 x 225 for more information.
And these suburban Cook County communities:
Bedford Park, Bridgeview, Brookfield, Diamond, Evergreen Park, Flossmoor, Franklin Park, Hanover Park, Hickory Hills, Hometown, Northlake, Oak Lawn, Palatine, Palos Hills, River Grove, Rolling Meadows, Schiller Park, Stone Park, Summit, Tinley Park, Worth, Arlington Heights, Countryside, DesPlaines, Elk Grove Village, Elmwood Park, Evanston, Harwood Heights, Hoffman Estates, LaGrange Park, Lemont, Mount Prospect, Norridge, Orland Hills, Orland Park, Palos Park, Prospect Heights, Riverside, Schaumburg, Western Springs, Willow Springs, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Deerfield, Glencoe, Glenview, Golf, Hodgkins, Indian Head Park, Inverness, Kenilworth, LaGrange, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northbrook, Northfield, Oak Park, Park Ridge, River Forest, Rosemont, Skokie, South Barrington, Wilmette, Winnetka.
HCP also works in DuPage and Lake Counties.
- Contact Sherryl Gilbert, Real Estate Specialist for Suburban Chicago, at SGilbert@HCP-Chicago.org or 815-727-0611 x 161 for more information.